TOTAL AIRCRAFT WASHING SYSTEM (TAWS)
Full Power. Hot Water. Rinse and wash. The Riveer Total Aircraft Washing System (TAWS) is the total package, producing high-flow rates that greatly reduce cleaning time while still effectively washing large surfaces. With a built-in air powered high-pressure foamer, the TAWS can cover the side of a CH47 (750 sq. ft) in less than 60 seconds. The TAWS’s efficiency is further supplemented by dual guns for two users and 200′ of total reach. And even while used simultaneously, will still produce high flow rates.
SOME FEATURES OF THE TAWS INCLUDE:
- US Navy and US Army approved for rinsing fixed and rotary wing aircraft
- 140°F Hot Water Wash and Rinse
- Proprietary Turbine Engine Flush
- High Pressure Foamer
- Safe-for-aircraft 175 PSI
- Completely self-contained
- Built-in high flow air powered foamer
- Ideal for anti-corrosion PM of civil and military aircraft
- Easily transported with highway approved lights and brakes
- Dual wands for faster rinsing
The spray can also easily reach 30 additional feet for cleaning large aircraft and tail sections. To lessen the possibility of mess, all hoses are on reels, and all guns have storage brackets and fit inside toolboxes for easy storage.
Each gun sprays 5 gallons of 140-degree water per minute, operating at a safe 175 PSI. These specifications meet the strict TM requirements for aircraft wash, rinse and decontamination procedures.
The system is low-pressure enough to be safe for the aircraft, but high-pressure enough to reach exposed steel, hinges, actuators, gear bays and other corrosion-prone areas. Quick connect yoke gives the user 10 GPM to reach 30’ high surfaces, such as tail sections.
SIMPLE AND FAST OPERATION
Not only is the TAWS easy to operate and maintain, but its trailer-mounted unit is completely self-contained. The TAWS is also able to operate in a variety of environmental conditions from 34 degrees F to 140 degrees F. Minimal operator training is required, as the one-button GripStart system starts and stops the unit and all pumping and shutdown is automatic.
TAWS operates on JP-8 and other common aircraft fuels or diesel. On-board or external supplies of water can be used to supply TAWS. A 1000-gallon tank holds fresh water, allowing for a continuous and length run time when no water is nearby.
TURBINE ENGINE FLUSH
The turbine engine flush is one of the most advanced elements of technology of the TAWS. Turbine cleaning requires low-pressure and low-flow pumping, both of which the TAWS features. Reels, fittings, and air and flush hoses are available for various turbine engines. TAWS effectively cleans aircraft engines by delivering gas path cleaner from an on-board tank. It then sends rinse water directly into the compressor and hot section of the aircraft’s engine. Flow is set at 1 to 2.5 GPM and does not exceed 45 PSI for this application. TAWS engine flush technology is compatible with H-47, H-58, H-60 and H-64 aircraft, and many others.
MEETS STRICT GUIDELINES
Riveer TAWS was designed with the U.S. Army for the purpose of aircraft cleaning in Kuwait. Top concerns were the harsh desert environment and the need for reliable systems in remote operations. This superior design, including a pressure washer rated to perform aircraft washes and meet the washing and pressure guidelines in TM 1-1500-344-23-2, has won Riveer competitive contracts for washing system equipment from both the Army and Air Force.
Another benefit of the TAWS is its ability to be easily transported. It can be towed with HMMV, TUG, or other common AGE. It has a 6 to 28-inch tall tow bar and features stout and fully boxed trailer construction with a 7000# axle set rating. The TAWS also includes recessed 12v/24V LED lighting and a NATO standard plug. Kevlar®Reinforced Goodyear® tires are resistant to tears and punctures round out the list of high-quality transportation features that come together to make moving the TAWS a simple process.
- 10-gallon soap concentrate capacity
- 10-gallon gas path solution tank
- Run dry protection
- Full enclosure for engine and pumps
- NEMA 4 electrical construction
- AGSE parking brake and DOT trailer
- Unique hinged engine cover with 360-degree access to all service components
- Kubota®water-cooled diesel engine coupled with Cat® pressure pump.
- Easily drained for storage and transport with large dump valves
- Dexter® axles with load sharing spring perches keep consistent tongue weight
- 1600# tongue jack with fast pin
- HD structure with custom frame to provide a low center of gravity
- Perimeter protection bumper to prevent damage to frame
- Fenders are tough stand on bumpers for access to the top of the water tank
- Advanced AGM battery for long storage life and exceptional power
- LED light package conforms with DOT requirements, recessed within frame for protection